MEAL PREPARATION AND DELIVERY SERVICE FOR NDIS PARTICIPANTS
Would you like to order home delivery meals with your NDIS funding?
If you would like to use your NDIS funding towards the cost of home delivered frozen prepared meals, then we are able to offer this service via our partnership with Fury Chef.
Firstly though, you may need to check if you have the right funding in your plan. Talk to your Support Coordinator or the NDIS to see if this service is available to your plan.
How Does it Work?
This NDIS service is for assistance with the cost of the preparation and delivery of food to participants who are unable to do this for themselves, and are not in receipt of other supports that would meet the same need. The cost of the food itself is not covered by the NDIS, so this portion of the cost is paid by the participant upfront, when ordering through the website. The split between NDIS and participant cost is approximately 80/20 respectively.
This NDIS support item code is: 01_022_0120_1_1
Support Category: Assistance with Daily Life
How Do I Get Started?
Before you can order meals with this service, there are a couple of steps you need to do:
- Create a customer account on the Fury Chef website
- Then click on the link to complete a form that gives us your NDIS plan details, and other info such as how often you want your delivery.
- Pro Help Australia will use this info to create a Service Agreement and a Schedule of Supports for you, and email this to you for signing.
- Once the agreement is signed, we will send you a special customer code to use at the checkout when ordering on the Fury Chef website.
- You are then ready to order! When you put your special customer code in, it will then ask you to only pay the food component, and we will bill your plan manager or NDIS for the balance.
Other important info:
- Minimum meal order per delivery in 10, however the bulk pack discounts on the website are not available when ordering as an NDIS participant.
- We are based in Brisbane metro area, and standard delivery charges apply in this region. Outside of this region surcharges apply to delivery cost. This will be listed in your service agreement.
- The co-payment (participant cost) must be paid at the time of placing your order.
- If your funding runs out before the end of your plan, we reserve the right to cease deliveries.
- If your plan is reviewed or renewed then you must contact the Service Provider (Pro Help) immediately, otherwise there may be an interruption to your deliveries.